Monday, August 03, 2009

Fabulous FIB - Benicassim 2009 in review

Hey to everyone who does read this: sorry it took, and is, so long! Great memories...

There are better ways to spend a Friday night than hiding from gale-force winds huddled in an empty paddling pool at 2am while horizontal torrents of sand and dust whip the skin from your face and loose tents fly overhead. Preferably, you’d be getting pissed round a campfire having cheered on Kings of Leon earlier, given that’s why you’re out in the Spanish seaside town of Benicàssim in the first place. But, as has been well documented, the Friday night of Benicàssim Festival was something of a disaster.

Luckily, it was a minor blip in an otherwise stellar journey...

More...

1 comment:

  1. Tim,
    this is the best Beni review I've read so far, you even managed to slice in some laugh-out-loud moments into it (the Lily Allen in your tent line was my particular favourite!).

    I don't know if you'd be interested but I'd really like for you to contribute to my music site (http://musicfansmic.com). I also write for GIITTV, that's how I came across the review.
    Email me at mfmicblog [at] googlemail.com if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete