Sunday, July 24, 2005

The future is passing me by.

I don't know what I've been doing in the 3 and a half weeks since my last entry, but there's certainly not much worth mentioning. Oh, I went to the biggest music event in history, Live8...

...but apart from that, nothing. I meant to come on here sooner and moan about how I've been spending money that doesn't exist, that is; my overdraft, and doing nothing about replacing it. After failing with Sainsbury's, or more accurately, Sainsbury's failing ME (still undecided whether or not to write to them arrogantly asking to be removed from their pool of holiday staff), I even went as far as to sign up to an employment agency, the sort of place Eastern Europeans go to for job help, which was a complete waste of time - by the time they got back to me with work, I had in the two weeks it had taken, already fixed up two jobs for myself. It's taken me a month and a week to find work since coming home from Uni, which is a month and a week of income wasted, so that's why I'm going to try and balance the two jobs.

The first is at Next, the department store which, I'm told, is great for women's clothes. It is not, and this I know for a ffact, that good for menswear - overpriced, underfashionable in my opinion. Happily, I work there and don't shop there :) . I have a long week of big shifts, started today (YES, money going IN to my bank!) then I'm hopefully going to be able to pick and chose some part-time work, which suits me fine.
Because the second job is at a local Brewers Fayre, doing bar work/waiting, but this is limited to 2 evenings a week. So more regular, but less work - which means I can arrange shifts at Next (hopefully) to fit in with how much work I want to do in a week, (i.e can be bothered), or how much money I want to earn. If this does work out, I'll be laughing.

"Dear Sainsbury's...."

************************************************************************************
Oh, yes, I know what else happened, I got my Uni results back from my first year. A pass: 62.96%, which I am well chuffed about. It's always the way, but as I look back on how I felt the exams had gone originally, it's quite a contrast to the actual results. Media I didn't do too well in, I got that feeling right, but Interpersonal, god! There's me thinking it went well, and it was a pretty poor result! Luckily, Language turned out to be as easy as it seemed on the day and I pulled out a 2:1, just, in Literature: thought it had gone horribly, so it must have been me responding to the pressure of such a shit exam paper.
Anywho, no resits, and a pass at 2:1 level. That'll do me.

************************************************************************************
There doesn't seem a lot to say about the new terror situation in this country. It was always going to happen sometime, and it could, to be honest, have been a hell of a lot worse. Measures taken so far have certainly gone some way to preventing more attacks, if we are to believe the media, though perhaps have simultaneously heightened the feeling of paranoia among the public. Despite this, at any rate, the way in which the country as a whole, as well as Londoners, dealt with the actual attacks on July 7th, was superb. ENG-ER-LAND! and so on.

4 comments:

  1. ='Brand New News Fr0m The Timber Industry!!'=

    ========Latest Profile==========
    Energy & Asset Technology, Inc. (EGTY)
    Current Price $0.15
    ================================

    Recognize this undiscovered gem which is poised to jump!!

    Please read the following Announcement in its Entierty and
    Consider the Possibilities�
    Watch this One to Trad,e!

    Because, EGTY has secured the global rights to market
    genetically enhanced fast growing, hard-wood trees!

    EGTY trading volume is beginning to surge with landslide Announcement.
    The value of this Stoc,k appears poised for growth! This one will not
    remain on the ground floor for long.

    KEEP READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ===============
    "BREAKING NEWS"
    ===============

    -Energy and Asset Technology, Inc. (EGTY) owns a global license to market
    the genetically enhanced Global Cedar growth trees, with plans to
    REVOLUTIONIZE the forest-timber industry.

    These newly enhanced Globa| Cedar trees require only 9-12 years of growth
    before they can be harvested for lumber, whereas worldwide growth time for
    lumber is 30-50 years.

    Other than growing at an astonishing rate, the Global Cedar has a number
    of other benefits. Its natural elements make it resistant to termites, and
    the lack of oils and sap found in the wood make it resistant to forest fire,
    ensuring higher returns on investments.
    T
    he wood is very lightweight and strong, lighter than Poplar and over twice
    as strong as Balsa, which makes it great for construction. It also has
    the unique ability to regrow itself from the stump, minimizing the land and
    time to replant and develop new root systems.

    Based on current resources and agreements, EGTY projects revenues of $140
    Million with an approximate profit margin of 40% for each 9-year cycle. With
    anticipated growth, EGTY is expected to challenge Deltic Timber Corp. during
    its initial 9-year cycle.

    Deltic Timber Corp. currently trades at over $38.00 a share with about $153
    Million in revenues. As the reputation and demand for the Global Cedar tree
    continues to grow around the world EGTY believes additional multi-million
    dollar agreements will be forthcoming. The Global Cedar nursery has produced
    about 100,000 infant plants and is developing a production growth target of
    250,000 infant plants per month.

    Energy and Asset Technology is currently in negotiations with land and business
    owners in New Zealand, Greece and Malaysia regarding the purchase of their popular
    and profitable fast growing infant tree plants. Inquiries from the governments of
    Brazil and Ecuador are also being evaluated.

    Conclusion:

    The examples above show the Awesome, Earning Potential of little
    known Companies That Explode onto Investor�s Radar Screens.
    This s-t0ck will not be a Secret for long. Then You May Feel the Desire to Act Right
    Now! And Please Watch This One Trade!!


    GO EGTY!


    All statements made are our express opinion only and should be treated as such.
    We may own, take position and sell any securities mentioned at any time. Any
    statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions,
    goals, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, object'ives, assumptions or
    future events or perfo'rmance are not
    statements of historical fact and may be
    "forward,|ooking statements." forward,|ooking statements are based on expectations,
    estimates and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number
    of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ
    materially from those presently anticipated. This newsletter was paid $3,000 from
    third party (IR Marketing). Forward,|ooking statements in this action may be identified
    through the use of words such as: "pr0jects", "f0resee", "expects". in compliance with
    Se'ction 17. {b), we disclose the holding of EGTY shares prior to the publication of
    this report. Be aware of an inherent conflict of interest resulting from such holdings
    due to our intent to profit from the liquidation of these shares. Shar,es may be sold
    at any time, even after positive statements have been made regarding the above company.
    Since we own shares, there is an inherent conflict of interest in our statements and
    opinions. Readers of this publication are cautioned not
    to place undue reliance on
    forward,|ooking statements, which are based on certain assumptions and expectations
    involving various risks and uncertainties that could cause results to differ materially
    from those set forth in the forward- looking statements. This is not solicitation to
    buy or sell st-0cks, this text is or informational purpose only and you should seek
    professional advice from registered financial advisor before you do anything related
    with buying or selling st0ck-s, penny st'0cks are very high risk and you can lose your
    entire inves,tment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Timmo,

    As a result of reading your blog "The future is passing me by.", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

    To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

    We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

    Best Regards
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog Timmo.

    I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - people who work at home uk - check it out and see what you think.

    Anyways Timmo, you have a good site. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spam my blog at your peril, peasants.

    ReplyDelete