Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dear blog...it's been a while/cuNTL

Dear God! According to this site, it's been 4 and a half months since I last updated this lovely blog! And it is true, it has been. Why, I hear you cry. Well I'll tell you.
It isn't a lack of interest, it really isn't. What has happened is this: since the end of September until today, I have been in Bournemouth at my beloved Uni, doing my second year. Pressure of work? Nope. Going out too much? Nope. Access to internet at home? NONE whatsoever! Therein lies the problem, faithful blog readers. I have had no internet access in the house I have been living in for the last 2 and a half months. I haven't had time to update this when I have been able to get on the 'net, since whenever that has been, it has been for a specific reason, often related to Uni, and I have had no general time to do this. Woe is me.
NTL, the media company, are wankers. We signed up for a connection on the 29th of September. Here we are, December 11th....nothing. Excuse after exuse after misplaced details after broken waterpipe after excuse. It's been ntl:hell as one website, devoted to ntl: customer service problems, has dubbed it.
So what has happened to me in the last 4 months? I've been studying hard (hahahahahahaha) at Uni, and going out a lot while my relaxed workload permits me. I saw Bloc Party in October which was superb/awesome/brilliant. I've learnt a fair bit about Narrative Structures, Joseph Conrad, InDesign, Photoshop, Marxism (somehow), Gatekeeping, Framing, ooo lots of exciting stuff. And Content Analysis, which is a crock of shite.
I got thrown out of The Old Fire Station last friday week for being very sick, and banned til next term, but sneaked my way in friday 2 days ago anyway for an excellent 6 hour marathon party. I can't remember many more specific things now since it's been such a long time but not at least I can hopefully update whenever I want now I'm home.
Goodboo, blog!

3 comments:

  1. i _beg_ your pardon?
    content analysis is a very serious and important method used by very serious and important researchers such as myself... [*cracks up].

    i cannot BELIEVE you were banned from the OFS. i mean you must have turned the place upside down!

    well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw, i always thought you were German for some reason (!!) - are you? or do you come from W Sussex?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so drunk I think I was the one upside down.
    And no I'm really not German? I'm Sussex born and bred my whole life??

    ReplyDelete